You must have waited for months, much like other girls in high school, for the prom night, where you can choose to be a total diva. Selecting the right outfit often can take weeks, and to sort your options, we have enlisted some of the best styles and trends that deserve attention.
- Go for blue. Talk of trending colors, and you have blue, which certainly is the new black. No matter your size and the style of the outfit, blue is a classic color for the prom, and you are likely to find many girls trying various shades. Check midnight blue prom dresses online, or you can also go for pastels.
- Two-piece outfits are back. If you want to ditch the classic ballgown, a two-piece outfit might just work. You don’t have to extremely petite to pull off such outfits, as long as the skin show or midriff cut is in check. Co-ordinates, as these outfits are also called, look great in contrast, as well as in similar prints.
- Cut-outs for the demure lady. Many girls like the idea of keeping things simple for the prom, and in case you have the same thought, consider avoiding high slits or an off-shoulder dress. Instead you can go for cutouts, which just need to be at the right spots to flatter your body. Cut-out outfits can be minimal and experimental at the same time.
- Little white/black dress. For those who want to keep prom styling effective and traditional, they would be happy to know that the little black dress is back in vogue. In fact, you can also choose to go for a white outfit if you want. The brief is rather simple – Keep it easy and ensure that the dress is not too short.
- Sequins forever. A body-hugging long sequin dress is a classic and can never go wrong. From simple colors like yellow and red to something more exotic like olive or shades of blue, there are so many choices, and we insist that you keep the accessories minimal, so that the attention remains on the outfit. With a lot of jewelry, you can go wrong with the styling.
If you want to shop for outfits by considering all the options, we recommend that you start early and check for online stores that accept easy returns. Measure yourself before ordering a size for a readymade prom gown.